Fire at House of Reaford

  • Sunday, January 25, 2015

  • Updated Sunday, January 25, 2015 3:28 pm

The House of Raeford plant located at 1344 Battery Park Road in Hemingway was damaged by fire early Saturday morning. On January 25, firefighters arrived at the scene a little after 1:00 a.m. and had the blaze under control within two hours according to Williamsburg County Fire Chief Randy Swinton. Swinton said the fire started in a fryer room. Swinton said no one was injured. The House of Raeford in Hemingway is a further processing plant for turkey and chicken. The industry is headquartered in Rose Hill, North Carolina, with facilities in South Carolina, Georgia and Louisiana.


Notice about comments:

The News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads
Latest Videos

The News

© 2015 The News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.