Fire in kitchen at Old Fish House

  • Thursday, October 3, 2013


There was another fire on Front Street this morning. Fortunately, this one was minor.
At about 8:45 a.m. Georgetown firefighters were sent to Old Fish House in the 800 block of Front Street because of a kitchen fire.
Fire Chief Joey Tanner said the fire started in a hood over a stove and spread to a wall. The fire was extinguished by 9 a.m.


Notice about comments:

The News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Latest Videos
Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads

The News

© 2015 The News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.